Monday, August 9, 2010

My internship this summer

In pursuit of figuring out what I want to do for a career in the future I went looking for different internships this summer. I had a couple ideas of what I wanted and wished I could do for an internship but most of them where not looking super realistic without actually having been in any upper level marketing, finance or accounting classes yet. 

I was actually starting to get a little worried that I might not be able to find one this summer but i found my answer through a very close friend of mine. Megan Middleton was the answer! ha ha ... she helped me find several connections and meet many influential people in the Seattle area that I could get an internship with in an industry that I felt very comfortable in. Skiing. 

Towards the beginning of this summer I met the Marketing manager for LINE skis, Fulltilt boots, and Planet Earth Clothing Co.    It turned out to be everything that I could have asked for. I have skied on Line Skis ever since I started free style skiing and love their products. So, it wasn't hard to feel the motivation to market for the company. However, there was a lot to be learned. Sitting on a chair lift and telling other riders that, "these skis are sick" was the only previous experience that I had with marketing for LINE but at least I believed it... 


There were a lot of great experiences throughout it all but my all time favorite was getting to work with Poor Boyz Productions (PBP).


Tyler Hamlet and Jeff Thomas, two of the PBP crew members came to K2 sports in seattle where I was located to get some footage for one of their new trailers called "revolver". This was super exciting to me because it had to do with marketing but it was centered around video! 


Jeff Thomas

Tyler Hamlet                                     


It was really fun seeing the everything come together and help out with setting up shots and helping with the assembly of the skis that they were filming.


Setting up the shot

Aaron
at work 



The process took about half a week to document.


Glueing on the edges




Adding the fiberglass

Grinding the edges





This is some of the footage that they used in their trailer "Revolver"that will debute later this year.



                               Revolver (Official Trailer) from Poor Boyz Productions on Vimeo.



Definitely blows my mind every time I watch it... INSANE!


kurt_d









1 comment:

  1. Ummmmmm....I can't even imagine what a mind blowing experience this must have been for you! Complete heaven??? I couldn't think of a more ideal internship for you! Holy cow - you are a lucky guy!

    ReplyDelete